Sunday, August 22, 2021

Falling Trees

 Many trees have died in the Holy Ghost Canyon, and falling trees are certainly one hazard we face.

I was sitting at the table at The Ranch working on the computer when I heard a very loud sound.  I had no idea what it was until I looked outside at the tennis court and saw a tree on the ground - that wasn't there a minute ago.  Because it was in an area where Don had been working, I raced outside to make sure he was ok.  He had been using the blower and didn't hear a thing . . . but when we looked at the tree, we realized how lucky we were.  The tree hit the fence surrounding the tennis court, but it missed the corner of the house by what Don calculated was 1 degree.  If it had fallen even two inches over, it would have caught the house and caused much damage.



We were so lucky Don or Chris were not there - they could have been badly hurt - and that the tree only created an unsightly fence.


No comments:

Post a Comment