Friday, March 11, 2011

My Love/Hate Relationship

Yes, I have a love/hate relationship . . . with sports, or at least certain sports!

I love football. I love watching football, and Saturdays and Sundays in the fall are my favorites. I have football running in the background as I do all sorts of other things. As long as I don't have a dog in the fight, I can enjoy football all weekend.

I especially love K-State football. Going to the games, listening to the pre-game radio, watching the bowl games . . . it is the best.

I like basketball. And when certain teams do well, I love basketball.

But then, I get lulled into the thought that one of my faves might do well in a bowl, tournament, or a particular game and they don't. Then I hate sports. I hate talking about it. I hate the feeling that comes with the disappointment. I hate it.

By the time the next season comes around, however, the expectation is built, and I am all in again.

I hate the roller coaster ride, but I can't seem to get off it. Perhaps the good feelings that come with wins outweigh the bad feelings . . . but it seems I remember the bad times more. But am I willing to quit watching? Nope.

Today, I am on the hate side of sports, but after Sunday's NCAA selection announcement, I will get on the love side, rooting for my Wildcats!

No comments:

Post a Comment