Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fantasy Football

A few weeks ago, our family decided to set up a fantasy football team.  We invited my sister and brother, Joey, Diana, Kenneth, and Morgan.  The names of the teams were all related to silly nicknames  or events, which will mean nothing to most people but a lot to us.

When we held our draft, Katie didn't get to participate, so the computer picked her team.  DianaSaurus Rex decided to use a "complex algorithm" based upon looks and funny names.  When I asked her if she was going to draft Tom Brady, she said no because "He's too old."  Thirty-four and he is too old. Sheesh!  The rest of us were pretty serious about our picks . . . and I got Jordy.

Unfortunately having Aaron Rogers and Jordy Nelson does not appear to be unbeatable.  So far I am 0-2, though hopeful that this week I can beat WillieBago.  I won't know until Monday night, so we will see.

Fantasy Football has made us interested in all of the games.  Fantasy Football has encouraged us to root for teams we would never have considered before.  Kenneth says there must be something that makes 500,000 people participate on a weekly basis.  Now make that 500,008.




1 comment: