Sunday, September 16, 2012

It's Never Too Late to Say Thanks!

I had an interesting occurrence on Friday, and it proved once again that it is never too late to say thanks.

In a meeting on The Student Experience at Kansas State, a woman in front of me was telling what her experience was like when she was at KSU.  "I had the best teacher in the world," she said, and then went on to tell about a Spanish professor who took this woman under her wing to make certain she had a successful time in college.  She was so grateful, she set up a scholarship.

"Was that Margaret Beeson?" I asked.

"Why yes it was," she answered.

"Are you Mrs. Hollis?" I asked her.

"Why yes I am," she said.

"Well, I received your scholarship," I said.

It was one of those goosebump moments.  I don't know why I knew, but I just knew.  After the meeting, we were able to talk, and I was able to thank her in person for the scholarship.

It doesn't get much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment