Saturday, December 22, 2012

An Explanation to No Motivation

There is a reason for the lack of motivation.  I don't know how legitimate it is, but it is an explanation anyway.

Before Thanksgiving, we began a project.  A kitchen project.  To be done before Thanksgiving.  Started in plenty of time.  But as usual, things don't always go as planned.



I forgot to take the before picture until the tile and the countertops were gone, but this is a pretty accurate look at the old kitchen.

When we went to the Baylor game on Don's birthday, the contractors worked on the countertops and tile.  The project was already a week late, but the kitchen was usable by Thanksgiving.

By that time, Don had decided he wanted to paint the cabinets.  Of course, that was to start Tuesday, the 10th.  The painter got sick.  I had already cleaned out all of the cabinets, however, so I couldn't decorate, cook . . . nothing.  He finally arrived this past Monday, but the cabinet doors are still not ready.  So I have a kitchen that is done except for the cabinet doors.

At least today (Saturday) I can put things away.  Nevermind that we are having company for Christmas dinner . . . they will just get to look at the insides of my cabinets.

The carpenter wanted to install the doors and drawers on Monday, Christmas Eve.  He didn't understand why I said no.  Can you imagine having that going on while trying to get dinner ready?  Sometimes men just don't get it!

Anyway, by this time, I don't have time to take out the snowmen, the Santas, the angels, the snowglobes - by the way, I love the snowglobes!  I may find a way to use the bells, but that's it.  This is the most undecorated Christmas I have ever had . . . but at least I have a kitchen to use.  Pictures will be posted later!

No comments:

Post a Comment