Monday, June 10, 2013

DRAMA!

Drama is not my thing.  I like calm, with things puttering along at a nice pace, busy but without dramatic swings.  I am pretty even-keeled, and I like my life to be that way.

The last week has definitely not been that way.  It started on May 30 . . . The whole fam was on the road, and we each were contending with our own weather issues that were discomforting, at the least.  Di and Kenneth were dodging tornadoes, and we were fighting fires.

The next day the fires were worse, and then my friends Kathy and Walt were in direct line of the widest tornado ever recorded.  Not comforting, and when she did not answer her phone, I was a little panicked.  Fairly quickly she was able to text me that she was ok, but it wasn't until later when I heard her voice that I felt better.

Then the fires got worse and worse.  By Wednesday, we were not sure the cabin was going to survive, but due to courageous efforts on the fire department's part, they kept the fire at bay.

Things have calmed down since then and we have had a lovely weekend with many friends.  This is the way I like it . . . Drama free!

No comments:

Post a Comment