Monday, June 30, 2014

Taste and See

Today I had lunch at Taste and See, a unique restaurant in Wichita.  The chef is very creative, and he uses recipes from all over the world.  I have only eaten there one other time, and I don't know why - the food is wonderful!

Not only is the food good, its presentation is beautiful! Our three meals looked almost too good to eat.

Karen ordered a salad - chicken cirollo.  The chicken was a mixture of various ingredients, placed on the side of a large lettuce leaf, accompanied by corn cobs and other vegies.  Suze Anne had a different salad - more "salady"but still delicious.  I had a lamb shawarma on pita - about the best shwarma I have ever had.  Plantain chips - my first ever - were fabulous; the tahini sauce tasted SO good; and the lamb was tastily, but not too heavily, spiced.  I would have it again tomorrow.

I originally had planned to have a soup - chupe - from Venezuela, but had the shawarma instead.  But I decided to bring the chupe home for dinner tonight.  What a great choice!  It was so, so, so good.  Too many calories because it has a lot of cream in it, but it was so worth it.  I would eat it tomorrow, too!

Taste and See - my newest favorite restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment