Friday, October 30, 2015

Boxing, in a Weird Sort of Way

Last Friday (Oct. 23), a large box was delivered to our house.  It was from Bed Bath and Beyond, and it was big, big, big.  But I hadn't ordered anything from BB&B . . . 

I pulled it inside and noticed my name was on the tag - so it wasn't a error in delivery.  I opened it, and inside was a car seat.  A car seat?  And cushioning the box were smaller boxes with Kenneth's address on them  Huh?  Perplexing for sure.  I texted Kenneth to ask if he had sent me a car seat.  Nope.  I called Melinda.  Nope.

I pulled the car seat box out.  It was empty.  And there were other boxes underneath, accompanied by papers from the Tulsa World.  I called Melinda again, and she said that she had sent her dad to Lowe's to smash the boxes, and he said he did it.  Hm.  So that Chuck.  He played a trick on us.  Melinda agreed that he might do that, but it still seemed odd.

A phone call to Chuck came next.  "Hi, Chuck, would you like me to bring your boxes back to you?"

"What?  What boxes?"

"The ones you left on my porch."

"Karen, I do not have any idea what you are talking about."

I explained about the boxes, and he, too, agreed that he might play a trick like that, but this time, he didn't.  Eventually, we figured it out.  He took the large box in, and the manager told him to put it down and he would take care of it.  Since that office was near  Shipping/Receiving, we are pretty convinced the driver thought it was something to be shipped, and it was shipped back to me . . . newspapers and all.

Just when you think you have seen everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment