Friday, January 1, 2016

Christmas, 2015

We were so looking forward to this Christmas.  Caleb's first, along with my sister's visit, was going to make it a special time.  I managed to get everything done before the Norton family reunion on Sunday, and after a few "discussions" with the hostess at the restaurant about our reserved room that someone had neglected to reserve, we had a great time.

Unfortunately, by Tuesday, I began to sense that I was catching a cold.  We went to Star Wars Tuesday night, and several coughs ito it, I began to worry.  "Just don't let Caleb get it," I thought and resolved to stay away from him as best I could.

We introduced Caleb to a variety of Christmas sights and sounds:  carols, snowglobes, singing dogs.  Singing dogs?  He loved watching the tail wiggle.



We celebrated Christmas Eve in typical fashion:  luminarias, church, a nice dinner, and Christmas Eve books. 


Then it was bedtime and waiting for Santa.  The next morning, we opened presents.  Caleb loved his purple and white basketball.



The weather turned bad, but Caleb, Kenneth, Melinda, and Katie were all able to get home safely.  We hated to see the week end, but it was a wonderful time with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment