Thursday, October 6, 2016

14,000 Miles

14,000 miles.  Yep.  That's how many miles we drove this summer to the cabin and back.  Seven trips at about 1000 miles each, including trips to Santa Fe, Las Vegas, and Albuquerque.  And I couldn't get enough of the cabin.

It amazes me how happy I am when I am at the cabin.  The minute I get out of the car, a peace settles over me like nowhere else.  Whether it is the lack of a strict schedule, a smaller house with less "stuff," the wonderfully fresh air, or the childhood memories, I don't know, but when I am at the cabin I am just happy.

This most recent trip was especially satisfying, since the aspens were turning.  We went to the top of Elk Mountain, we spent a lot of time at our lot on Grass Mountain, and when we went to Angel Fire to see Bart and Katie, we were able to take in the colors from another vantage point.

I don't know if our cars can manage 14,000 miles every year, but every single mile was worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment