Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared

Our December book club read was The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared.  I had no idea what to expect from a book with that title, but indeed, that was what it was about.

The author describes the book as an intellectual book - that is stupid.  Yep.  That is what it is.  Forest Gump in a different age.  One must know their history to really appreciate the book, and although I found it an incredibly stupid read, the terrific writing and challenge of keeping up with the history kept me on my toes.  Many of the women in our group loved it . . . and it was quite funny in many places.

If a person is in the mood for a light-hearted, ridiculous book, this is the one I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment