Monday, November 13, 2017

Forest Friends

It is funny how sometimes things just happen perfectly.  I needed one of those times . . . and this weekend I got it.

When Kenneth and Diana were little, Don went on a perpetual quest to find a game called Forest Friends.  He and his brothers played it until the spinner pad had been wiped of its images, and he knew it would be a good game for our little ones to play.  But alas, we never could find it.

Two weeks ago we were in a toy store looking for a gift for Caleb.  They did not have our desired gift, so we began to look at games.  Indeed Candyland and Chutes and Ladders were there . . . but not Forest Friends.  Phooey.

With Don's birthday upcoming, I decided I would try to find Forest Friends.  An initial attempt came up with a few games, but I was not going to spend $40 for one.  So I went to EBAY.  Amazingly, several choices came up, and I was able to acquire a nice, barely used version for much less!

Within a few days, the game arrived in the mail.  Using some ultra-swift, sneak techniques, I managed to keep the emails hidden, the wrapped game under "wraps," and the game a secret until Sunday, when Caleb gave Papa an early birthday gift.  He helped Don unwrap it, and within about 5 minutes, they were playing it.  Caleb caught on quickly, and it became the game of the day.


Don was thrilled with having a fun memory of his times as a child . . . and the best thing is we got to leave it in Kansas City!

No comments:

Post a Comment