Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

It was a beautiful Easter. Although the weather was uncooperative, at least in my opinion, the rest of the day was glorious. I love singing "Hail Thee Festival Day" - all eight verses of it. I love having another baby baptized into the church. Little girls in their fancy dresses, their moms in beautiful hats, little boys all dressed up in their vests and pants. They all make me smile.

Our Eastern brunch group is growing smaller by the year. This year we had three "yung-uns" with us - Kelli, Rich, and Joe - so we had eight, but several years we had twenty.

And then there was the year that Susan hung a spoon on her nose during brunch. Soon everyone at our table was hanging a spoon on their nose. Trevor and others put plastic eggs on their ears. Needless to say, the next year, we didn't have spoons at the table and the Easter bunny wasn't passing out plastic eggs with candy. I miss those fun times.

The opportunity to share Easter with our friends, to celebrate God's promise to us is not something to be taken lightly. I am grateful for good friends and a loving God.

1 comment:

  1. Easter is so tricky bc it is special but people don't really plan for it. I'm thankful for every year we can still get together.

    ReplyDelete