Friday, May 31, 2013

Nightmares

I hate nightmares.  The neverending "I can't find my class," or "I am in the wrong class," or "I can't figure out where to go," dreams drive me crazy.

But real life nightmares are the worst.  I haven't had many of those.  As a matter of fact, I don't know that I have really had any . . . until now.

Of course, a parent's worst nightmare would be something awful having to do with their child.  I have not had any of those.  So my nightmare is probably minor compared to some people's.

In 1960, my parents bought a cabin.  I love the cabin.  It has been the place where I find calm and peace.

We left there Thursday about 10:30 to come home.  About 3:00 someone posted on Facebook that a fire had started as a result of a downed power line.  It was 4 acres at the time, and by last night it was 1000 acres.  It has grown since.

At one point, it was headed straight for our cabin.  We received this picture of it when it was going that direction:


Yikes!  What a sinking feeling, as this is less than 1.5 miles from our cabin.  It appears as if right now, as I write, it is has veered from our canyon, but it is still in the area.  Many of our friends have enjoyed the Canyon, and we hope many more will be able to.  We are praying that the firefighters are able to put the fire out quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment