Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Another Babs Post

Well, I am writing this at 4:00 a.m. while Babs continues to eat her dinner.  She slept until 1:00 a.m. and then decided she was hungry.  Great.  Just what I did not need.

Sometimes I am able to sleep on the couch and awaken when I think she needs to go outside.  Tonight the sleeping on the couch happened, but in spurts.  And right now is one of those awake times.  So I decided to do something useful - like surf the internet, write my blog, color my picture.

Babs has trained me really well, I know, but I don't like my options.  Because she is confused most of the time, making her stay in her kennel and bang on the sides until morning seems cruel.  We have learned that locking her in the utility room to eat, while effective, usually results in a mess to clean up in the morning.  So when she is up at night (which she has been the last two, though she slept through the night several times previous to that) I opt to feed her, lay on the couch, and hope I wake up to let her out.  It has worked tonight, but tomorrow morning should be a trip!  Naptime, I am sure you and I will be friends tomorrow afternoon.

Some people have asked me why we don't just put her down.  Unfortunately, that is not my nature.  If she were suffering, yes.  But just because she is inconvenient?  Does not compute with me.

So, I will continue to be up some nights while my little dog eats enough that she can at least sleep.  Here she comes now from her empty bowl.  I hope that means we can both go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment