Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Cleaning Out

I was determined this January to get on top of our basement.  And that is a challenge.  It is filled with years and years of memories.  So we first worked on the storage area.  It is not done, but at least we can get in it.  Then the cedar closet.  How much luggage does one family need?  Well, we now have less of it.

I just finished going through framed pictures.  And we have a lot of them.  I finally decided to take the pictures out of the frames, get rid of the frames and put the pics into an album.  Seeing the growth in the kids has been fun, but looking at our pictures from before kids has been really fun.  I just sent the kids a picture of us in October before we were married in June.  Hilarious.  Don is wearing his blue polyester, western-cut leisure suit.  Lovely.  I have on a long dress, red gingham-checked top with quilted blue skirt.  It isn't quite as bad as the leisure suit . . . or that's my story, and I am sticking to it.

We have filled Diana's room with clothing and items to go to AmVets; we have taken one trip to Dress for Success (I have only been retired for 7 years - I think it is finally time).  By the time we are done, I hope we have a lot fewer items in the basement!

No comments:

Post a Comment