Thursday, July 9, 2015

Be Careful What You Wish For

Don and I had planned to come home from the cabin on July 8, Wednesday. I had been startled awake about 2:30 a.m. Thinking it was Don, I yelled, "Don, are you ok?"  He sat straight up in bed . . . yes, he was ok.  So we went downstairs to check on the dogs, and indeed, Jordy needed to go outside.  I took him, put him back in his kennel, and went back to bed.

We got up early to make sure we were ready to leave, and about 8:15, I put the laundry in the car.  Don accompanied me to the car, and he commented that he didn't want to go home.  "I feel like I did when I had to go to work."  We laughed at how hard it is to get ready to leave, and I backed out of the driveway.  As I headed down the hill, I realized, "Houston, we have a problem."
















That's when it occurred to me it wasn't the dogs that awakened me.  Needless to say, our trip home was delayed.  Shucks!

Luckily, Don had the chain saw in the barn, and 45 minutes later, we had cleared the road so I could do the  laundry. But there was no way we would be able to leave. So we had a young man up the  road come help us, and with Annelle King, we cleared all of the limbs, cleaned the log in the stream, and carried the wood to the cabin.
















For their help, we made chocolate chip cookies and learned to play Hand-and-Foot.  It was a great day after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment