Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Decor

I don't consider myself artistic, especially when it comes to decorating. Although I can set nice tables, they never have that "wow" look. So that's why I am so pleased with what I did for Thanksgiving this year. Unfortunately, neither of my kids were here to see it. So I will let pictures tell the story!

I used branches from some pear trees for the centerpiece - they are unusually red this year with big berries on them. A few mums from the garden added some yellow and white color. Then some leaves from the tree strewn on the table with votive candles and the place mats that Diana and Don picked out two years ago completed the look.


Last year Kenneth and Melinda gave us the beautiful glass cylinder with the candle. So I cut some Nandina berries and put them in the bottom. Cutting some branches from the sugar maple in the backyard and putting them in a glass jar balanced out the Nandinas.




Although it may not seem fancy to you, it is a miracle for me! More pictures tomorrow!




















No comments:

Post a Comment