Thursday, November 10, 2011

Do You Think They Will Notice?

For the tailgate this weekend, I am going to make my pumpkin filled with cheesy, bready, creamy soup. It is scrumpdillyicious, fattening, and perfect for a pre-Thanksgiving tailgate.

I went to the store and purchased the Gruyere and Swiss cheeses, the cream, the broth and the French bread. When I came home, I put the bread on the table, unloaded the groceries, and cooked a cookie bar. Don called for us to go pick up the RV, so I rushed out to meet him. As I was getting in the car, I had a brain flash - Is everything away from the dogs? Certainly . . . and I went on my way.

When I came home, the first thing I saw was paper spread all over the floor, and the dogs were hovered over a 15" loaf of French bread. Bad dogs. They had somehow pulled the bread off the table. Luckily I got home before they had eaten the whole thing. As a matter of fact, they only ate a little bit. Do you think anyone would notice if I just used the bread?

3 comments:

  1. ewww. seriously???? go buy new bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really think I would use it? Maybe if it was just you, and Dad, and me . . . ha, ha! We are even taking the old bread just to prove we didn't use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, at P's first birthday party Piper licked a cookie, but when I turned around to take it out of the box, my mom had already put a few in the plastic bags and put them in the basket. I had no idea which one it was!! I can't lie...I just kept my mouth shut...until now, ha!

    ReplyDelete