Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bad Hair Days!

One thing I have learned about Alaska is that it is a perpetual bad hair day for me. When we were there in the summer, it rained the entire time, so my hair was flattened to my head, straight as straight could be. In the winter, I always had to put a hat on.

When I would take off my hat, either static electricity caused me to look like I had put my finger in a socket, or it was totally out of shape. Either way, it was bad, bad, bad.

If we weren't wearing a warm hat, we might have worn a hard hat, such as when we were touring a permafrost tunnel. Same problem. Bad, bad, bad.


This is the best it got . . . on the last day, when the hat was packed, and I used a lot of hair spray. Once in eight days, and even then, it wasn't great. Pitiful.


Either way, I was the only one of the 5 of us whose hair was always a wreck. Good thing we took many pictures outside!

1 comment:

  1. You look great and I'm pretty sure that is why warm, fuzzy hats are so awesome in the winter!!

    ReplyDelete