Tuesday, March 6, 2012

There are Crowns and there are Crowns

I think every little girl at some time or other dreams of wearing a crown, either in tiara form or real queenly form. And then as she grows up, she realizes her chances are not too great that she will ever wear a real one . . . unless it is on her tooth.

Which explains why I am thinking about crowns today. While at lunch with Pam, Lynn, Pam and Lindsay, I felt something weird in my mouth. My crown had fallen off one of my back teeth. Boo Hiss!

Luckily, I didn't swallow the crown, I didn't choke on it, I didn't bite it, nor did I drop it. Also, enough adhesive stayed on my tooth that it isn't very sensitive. So I put the crown safely in my pocket, called the dentist, and tomorrow, if I am lucky, it will be glued right back where it belongs.

Unfortunately, that is the only kind of crown that I will ever have. It's sad, but in many ways, that kind of crown is far more useful than a pretty one covered with jewels. I guess it just fits my pragmatic style.

No comments:

Post a Comment