Monday, November 12, 2012

Being a Fan

Being a sports fan is hard work.  It involves emotion of every shape and size.  It involves planning meals and get togethers.  It involves adjusting schedules.  It involves money . .  . and sometimes lots of it.

We have been on quite a roller coaster ride with our football Wildcats (basketball, too, now that I think of it!)  We were one snap away from the championship game in 1998.  Talk about a roller coaster - we went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in about 15 minutes.  We have been through a coaching change that went south; we re-hired Bill.  And slowly we have been climbing up to the top of the roller coaster again.

And nerves.  I do not handle the stress very well.  Close games are so hard for me to watch when I have a team in the hunt.  Saturday night's game was agony . . . we were never far enough ahead for me to be completely at ease.  Pacing.  Going into the stairwell.  Closing my eyes.  I am a mess.

Now that we are #1 in the BCS polls, I am even worse.  I am trying not to be too excited . . . bad karma.  I am trying not to be too pessimistic . . . bad karma.  I am trying not to think about the possibilities of "that that cannot be named" . . . bad karma.

Guess I just shouldn't think and should instead enjoy the ride . . . except I hate roller coasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment