Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Chance Meetings

Today was an interesting day in terms of seeing people I have known but not seen in a LONG time!  First, I went to my art class and in walked Cory Ruedebusch, one of our first 8 students at The Independent School.  She is still darling, and it was so fun to see her.  She has two beautiful children who I also got to meet - Vin and Geneva - and her mom, Ginger, was also with her.  It was so fun to see them!

Not an hour later, in walked Suzanne Mitsch.  I haven't seen her in several years, and her beautiful daughter, Elizabeth, was with her.  They were doing a special art project, and I was able to catch up with Suzanne and all of the kids.  Several grandchildren and one on the way makes it sound like the Mitsch family is still just as fun as ever.

Finally, this afternoon Don, Diana, and I were delivering turkey dinners to people who have fallen on hard times.  We called one person, and when I heard her voice, I quickly put two and two together.  She answered the phone, and after we told her we were bringing a turkey to her house, I asked her if she is a cook.

"Yes," she answered.

"Did you cook at The Independent School?"

"Yes," she answered.

I told her with whom she was talking, and she was as surprised as I.  After the holidays, we are going to get together.  I loved her . . . and her cooking was outstanding!  She is still cooking now in Goddard, but with her grandchildren living with her, it is tough to make ends meet.

Anyway, three chance encounters that reminded me of the very fine people I met during my years at TIS.  Just another one of the many reasons to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment