Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Some years, I look at December 31 and think that next year will be better.  Some years, I look at December 31 and wonder how next year could be better.  This December 31, I wonder what is in store for us next year because this year had nearly everything.

We had Don's retirement, our fabulous trip to Alaska, my surprise birthday party, trips to Austin, Arkansas and the cabin, great times with friends and family . . . it was awesome.  We also had hail storms, fires, and floods that nearly took away one of our family's beloved places to visit.  We lost some close friends, including Mrs. Garvey, who has continued to be a great influence in our lives.  We reconnected with others.  We experienced a number of fabulous and fun weddings, a number of friends have welcomed new ones into their lives.  It has been a year of mostly good, a little sad, a little bad.

In thinking about what awaits us for next year, I pray that my family and friends experience joy and happiness, and when it rains in their lives, that they may grow from it.  May it be the best year ever for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment