Tuesday, December 3, 2013

So Much to Unravel

Sometimes life is too complicated.

This is not a complaint.  It is an observation.

Several disparate examples come to mind.  (Speaking of complicated, Karen, why not just say different?  Well, Diana would be proud of me for using a higher level vocabulary is one reason, I guess.). Anyway, back to the subject.

For example, today.  The weather is exquisite, so I am sitting outside at Starbucks waiting for a friend.  It was certainly warm enough to be outside, and the sun kept us warm as we talked.  Once the sun went town, however, it started getting cold, and we had to leave.  The complicated part comes tomorrow.  Bitter cold is approaching, which complicates everything from driving, to dressing, to Babs.

As senior warden of our church we are in charge of finding a new priest.  We know who we want; we have had conversations.  But we are waiting for the official approval.  And waiting.  And waiting.  The frustration of waiting.  I thought this would be behind me so I could get on with other things.  Nope.

Then there is Christmas.  Overwhelmed.  Have not even thought about many gifts, much less decorations, food, cards, and all of the other stuff that goes with it.  Fun times.  Grateful to have the freedom to enjoy Christmas.  But oh my.  So much to do.

I keep thinking I am going to simplify.  But that, too, is complicated.  The emotional attachment I have to some things in my house makes simplifying very difficult.  But it is time to unravel . . . and uncomplicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment