Thursday, September 4, 2014

Peach Cobbler

I do not normally make cobblers, not because I do not like them but because they seem like a lot of work, they heat up the house, and I eat the whole thing in one serving.  It could be the last reason is the most valid.  But I found a great recipe in my O Magazine, so I decided to try it.

The recipe was for blueberry cobbler, which would have been fine, but I had peaches.  So I found a recipe for the inside peach part, used the O recipe for the crust, and cooked it while we were at Kenneth and Melinda's.  

The crusty part is a sugar cookie recipe . . . It just sounded too good not to try, and it was.  It was so good, it is now a permanent part of my baking repertoire.  That does not mean much since I have a small inventory, but this one is wonderful.

I think any sugar cookie recipe would do.  After chilling it for about an hour, just cut it into pieces, lay it on top of the fruit, and cook at 350.  The instructions said to cook for an hour, but mine would have been a little crispy (or cripsy, as I like to say) - it was more like 40 minutes.

We loved this new topping.  It was a little crispy, but sweet and delicious.  I believe cobbler will be cooked a little more often at our house!


No comments:

Post a Comment