Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Eve

When I was young, I lived next door to the Simsons. Although they were Jewish, they always had a Christmas tree. On Christmas Eve, the children would receive a book, hoping that they would read it in the morning and let the parents sleep. I thought that would be a good idea, so when our children were little, they received a book every Christmas Eve. It is fun shopping for books for little ones - not so much once they get older . . . but it is a great tradition.


From the Simsons, I learned about my favorite book - The Phantom Tollbooth - and several others. Our children still expect to receive a book on Christmas Eve, and as little ones, it always seemed to do the trick. They always stayed in their rooms until 7:00 a.m., and they claim the books are the reason!

Some years, they would stay in the same room on Christmas Eve. I wish I knew which book they were reading here . . . looks interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment