Monday, December 6, 2010

Dogs, dogs, and dogs

My family definitely has a love for animals, particularly dogs. My grandmother, Brooks, was always picking up stray dogs and taking them to her farm. Both of my uncles and my mother were the same way. My brother, sister and I do the same thing, though thankfully I haven't picked up many strays lately (the last was a cute little retriever for whom we found a home). Anyway, I come by my love for dogs naturally.

When we got Chaco and Gus, I discovered how much easier it was to have two dogs (rather than one). So when Gus died, we got two more cock-a-poos, Sepia and Babs. They are good dogs! And they tolerate the other dogs we bring to the house when we are dog sitting, working out, or having company. This weekend was especially active, as Bella was here all last week, Patty Sue was here on Friday, and then . . . Schotze (shot z) was here Saturday night.

I love cock-a-poos . . . they have a sweet temperament, they don't shed, and they are cute. But now that I have met Schotze, I may have to reconsider and add a West Highland Terrier when one of my two passes on. Schotze was the cutest thing . . . she had big dark eyes just like our Chaco dog, she has the same "heft" as Patty Sue, and her personality was so cute. I just loved that little dog.

Now don't mistake my love for Schotze as a replacement for my own two. I love them dearly! But my eyes have been opened to the possibility of "changing it up" once it is time to add a puppy to the mix! And a West Highland Terrier will certainly be up for consideration!

No comments:

Post a Comment