Sunday, January 9, 2011

Salzberger Nockerl

Saturday night we had some friends for dinner . . . so I decided to test some of my new European cooking on them. First, we had Greek kabobs, and although they weren't quite as good as those we ate in Greece, they were pretty good. Paired with tzatziki, pita bread, and a Greek salad, it made for a delicious meal!

Then I decided to try making another Salzberger Nockerl. I had learned some things in my test case, and so made a few changes. Although it would have been more authentic to serve it in an oval casserole, Don and I decided that we would make one smaller one for each person. So I rolled out my casserole bowls, and with the help of my two friends, we whipped up a Salzberger Nockerl. Mine didn't have three peaks per bowl - just one - but the portion was perfect. (The recipe says it serves 2 . . . but we easily fed 6 with it!) With the addition of a little more raspberry sauce, some lemon zest, and more understanding of how the dish is made, we decided that this is a pretty and fun recipe to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment