Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1980 Revisited

The summer of 1980 was a monster. Forty-five days over 100 degrees. I thought I was going to die, and I never wanted to experience another year like that.

Fast forward to 2011. Deja vu. I can't believe we are having another year like it. Although we haven't eclipsed the 45 days, nor the 50 days from 1950, we are coming close. And there is no end in sight.

Today's 112 degrees nearly sent me over the edge. Even watering the yard nearly every day, our yard has many brown spots. And the tomato bushes are suffering mightily . . . it is awful.

So pray for a hurricane in the gulf. I think even Texans would welcome a hurricane and its rain.

I also think the heat has expired any creative juices I had left. So until it cools off, I doubt that there will be any new posts from here. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment