Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Highland High We're Loyal to You


Last weekend I went to Albuquerque for my 40th Class Reunion. I used to think people who went to 40th class reunions were really old. Funny how young people are who go to 40th class reunions!

I have to say it was really fun! Amazingly, I remembered many of the people there, and visiting with everyone about what they are doing now was great. Many of us are now retired, others are into their second careers . . . Everyone has gracefully aged, but several look like they are still in their 20s or 30s. Oh that I should be so lucky.

The best part was getting together with four of my best friends (the fifth couldn't make it.) Now that all of our children are grown, we have begun to see each other more often - at least once a year. This may be our yearly get-together, though three of us are going to meet this fall at Chicken Annie's in Pittsburg - about a 2.5 hour drive for each of us! We are a lucky bunch to have each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment