Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hello Dear . . . or Deer!


After it was 111 degrees for the fourth or fifth time, I decided to leave early for my high school reunion and stop at the cabin. They had opened the forest on July 30 since enough rain had fallen, so by the time I got there on Wednesday, the grass was beginning to green up again. There were noticeably few wildflowers since it was so dry for so long, but at least the grass was green.

On Thursday, I came home to find two dears waiting for me. Sepster can't just wait at the door. He has to crawl upon the wood box so he can look out the screen. I think it is so cute.

Then Thursday afternoon, I looked outside to see two other deer very near our back door. So close I didn't even have to "zoom in" on the camera. Don suspects that the grass is greener right outside the door, which is why they were so close to the back door. I am pretty certain the smaller one is a young fawn because I could see some remnants of spots on the back.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you could get to the cabin. And can't wait for fall. Heat be gone!

    ReplyDelete