Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sometimes I Just Don't Get It!

Sometimes I think I am from another planet. Well, maybe I am, but in this instance, I think most people will agree with me . . . but maybe not.

Last Saturday we went to the RV to start getting it ready for tailgate season. Unfortunately, we had waited too long, and the batteries were dead. We didn't have jumper cables, so we headed to WalMart to get a pair. Fifteen minutes later, we were back at the RV. Don opened the "new cables" only to find that they had been used, broken and complete with battery acid still on them. We can only suppose that someone purchased them, and after they got their car going, returned them. WalMart accepted the return, and promptly put them back on the shelf for another sucker to purchase. We, of course, took them back, bought a new pair (checking them to make sure they were new), and returned again to the RV to jump the batteries. What should have been about a twenty-minute operation took over an hour.

What kind of people return used items? Unfortunately, many. I have heard of (thankfully, though, I don't think I know any) women who buy an outfit, leave the tags on, wear it, and then return it. YUK!

Although it would be easy to blame the retailers, for the most part, I blame the consumers. There are legitimate reasons to return items: they were broken, they didn't fit, they were the wrong color. But some people have become so jaded and selfish, that they don't mind ripping off a business . . . even if it hurts someone else. I would love to see this kind of behavior stop . . . but I am not optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment