Friday, December 23, 2011

A Cure for Heartbreak

There's no better way to ease the pain of heartbreak than to borrow someone's young dog for awhile. That's why we have Bella for a few days.

This morning, after she went outside and I went back to bed, she decided to join me. (Sorry, Susan and Rick.) But she didn't just join me. She wedged herself right next to me in the crook of my knees - just like Sepia used to do. It was so comfortable . . . and warm. We slept that way about an hour. I don't know what Bella thought, but I loved it.

Then later today, she taught herself to fetch. She seems to like Sepia's cow hooves. Standing near the stairs, she would flip the hoof down the stairs and then run down to get it. Back up the stairs; flip the hoof; run down the stairs to get it. I always knew she was a smart dog, but this beats them all. We are hoping to get a video sometime.

So far she hasn't gotten in any trouble - she hasn't gotten stuck under the deck, she hasn't caught any rabbits. She does leap at the door, get on the couch to snuggle, keep Babs company, and go crazy when she sees us. The perfect cure for heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment