Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Poor Kids and Their Insufferable Mom

Have you ever been so excited about something you could hardly contain yourself?  It's all you talk about?  (Being in love doesn't count . . . nothing comes close to that!)

Well in September I started my art class.  It has opened a whole new world for me.  Although the first couple of months I just did what Charles told me, since Diana gave me a sketch pad and some pencils, I have actually been practicing.  I am finding that I have enjoyed drawing something that actually looks like it is supposed to look . . . after 59 years of not being able to do that, it is incredibly rewarding!

Lately, my kids have been receiving emails that say "Can you tell who this is?"  "Guess this one," and "Who is this?"  One time Kenneth was at work making a presentation from his computer when a message popped up, "Who is this one?"  I have to start sending them to his yahoo account from now on.

Anyway, this past week I have been drawing Chaco, Babs, Sepia, and Bella.  Can you tell who they are?

First the subjects:

Sepia on the left; Bella on the right.

PattySue (terrified in the arms of Martha, the KPTS dog)

Babs.  

The only pictures we have available of Chaco can't be uploaded for some reason.  Heaven knows I have tried.  She was white with big brown eyes.  But this should be easy . . . ha, ha!

Now the pictures:  

(Unfortunately two are turned on their sides, and I am not quite certain how to rotate them.)





 As you can see, I have a long way to go, but at least they do look like dogs . . . which is better than they would have looked like before I had taken my class.

2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I bet art class is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a ball. Don is totally amazed because he has seen my drawings progress from undecipherable to looking like something! Nothing like success to create excitement!

    ReplyDelete