Friday, January 18, 2013

What Can We Believe?

I have always tried to believe the best in people.  It is a nice way to live life, but sometimes one can end up looking rather foolish.

I believed Lance Armstrong.  I truly believed him.  He had been tested so many times, he talked a good story . . . I trusted that he was telling the truth.

I believed Manti Te'o.  Such a tragic story.  He nearly won the Heisman Trophy.  Duped again.

Those are two of the most recent times I have believed what someone said, only to be let down.

Unfortunately, this appears to be happening more and more often.  I ask myself, "When will I ever learn?"

Then I ask myself, "Do I want to change my outlook? Do I want to be cynical and negative?"  The answer, of course, is no.  So I guess I will continue on my "believe the best" outlook, hoping that I will be right more often than not.





No comments:

Post a Comment