Sunday, January 20, 2013

The New Kitchen

Well, I think we are done.  The kitchen is complete.  What started as a "new countertop, new tile" project ended up being a "new countertop, new tile, new overhead lights, undercounter lights, painted cabinets, and new cabinet door" project.  Isn't that the way it always is?  Oh . . . and a new stove/oven.

Before:


I didn't think to take the pictures until the tile and the formica were already off, but the effect is still the same.


After:


I love my sunflower over the stove.


We hadn't planned on the undercounter lighting, but we love it now!


The last part was the tile above the washing machine.  It ties the kitchen into the laundry room.

We put the same sunflower on the folding table in the laundry room.  I am hoping that I will keep it cleared off, since I love seeing it.  It will challenge my pile management strategies, but so far, so good.

I love the way the kitchen turned out.

1 comment: