Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Visiting CJ

Several weeks ago we went to KC to celebrate Kenneth's birthday.  While there we visited Don's cousin, Micky, and her husband, Michael, who is fighting cancer (and giving it a good fight, I might add); we went to Greg and Kristen Hart's for dinner; and we went to Atchison to see our nephew, CJ.

I had never been to Atchison, so it was fun to see Benedictine, CJ's campus, and to get to visit Nell Hills.  No, I have never been to Nell Hills.  Deprived, I know.  But now I can say I have been there.

CJ showed us around Benedictine, a very hilly, beautiful campus.  What CJ didn't know when he came to Kansas is that it can be very cold . . . and the week before we arrived, it was freezing!  He doesn't have a scarf, but he now understands why we wear them.

We then went to Nell Hills and had lunch at Jerri's Again (I think that's the name.)  Nell Hills had more stuff tucked into that store than I have ever seen.  Some people have a knack for making it look good.  If I had that much stuff, it would look like a hoarder's house!  Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of the interesting items, and the next time CJ's mom comes to town, he is going to take her there.

The food at Jerri's was very good.  We enjoyed getting to know CJ better - we only see him on occasion, and this was very special.


I took chocolate chip cookies and green chile stew to him.  I know green chile stew doesn't sound like much, but for a New Mexican, it is gold.  I grew up on it, as did CJ, and you don't find it in Kansas.  He seemed delighted to have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment