Monday, February 4, 2013

Practicing

Well, in about 6 months we will be embarking upon our longest trip ever . . . 10 weeks together in an RV.  Don and I both have received our share of "Are you kidding me?" stares from friends, and many have suggested good divorce lawyers just in case.  Frankly, we aren't too worried about it.  Yes, we know we will get on each other's nerves on occasion . . . . but we do that now, so what is the difference?  At least the scenery will be nice!

Sunday on our way home from KC, Don asked if I wanted to drive the RV.  "Um, no . . . " was my reply, but I knew he was right.  I at least need to know how it feels to drive it.  So I crawled into the driver's seat and took off.

Gads.  It is a big machine.  And it takes up the whole lane.  I thought I was right in the middle, but Don kept saying, "Pull left, pull left."  I never hit the rumble strips on the left side, so I thought that was good, but I think he was getting a little motion sick from the constant correcting of the steering wheel.  Eventually I got it down, but after about 30 miles, I was ready for him to take over.


Anyway, I told him I would begin to drive a little more so that I can spell him on the trip . . . but not in busy areas.  It is a little scary driving the WLEBAGO.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment