Friday, March 1, 2013

Lovelies!

Emotional attachment to things.  Yep, that is me.  I have a hard time giving away items that were hand-made for me or special in some way.  The dresses my mom made - yep, have them.  The sweaters she knit for me - still have many.  Do any of these fit?  No, but that doesn't matter.  I just don't seem to be able to give them away.

Thursday, I decided to clean out a cupboard.  Hidden at the very back was this lovely item.


Don's Grandma Nellie made it for us (along with several others that I must have already given away).  It is a Kleenex box cover in colors reminiscent of the late seventies.  I wonder what the boxes looked like that we covered.  I am not sure they could have looked much worse than these.

Anyway, Grandma Nellie did some nice needlework - but this is one I have decided I can dispense with.  Hope someone enjoys their newly adopted, retro, handmade Kleenex box cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment