Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Opposites

I have loved my art class.  I am still not very good at all, but Charles has given us some interesting techniques that I have used.

One thing I have learned for sure is that if I draw during a KSU basketball game I do not get stressed out as badly as usual.  I don't pace . . . of course, I miss a lot of the game because I am drawing, but that's ok.  It makes it better for the rest of the fans in the room.

Last Friday, as we were going to Hello, Dolly, the sunset was particularly gorgeous.  It was etched in my mind, so I decided to try to draw it.  I watercolored several and then applied Charles' black sharpie technique to it.  It turned out like this:




Then I decided to do the same scene as a moonset.  It is not as blurry as it looks in the picture . . . I think black and brown don't translate well with an iPad.  But it has that eerie, full-moon look that I was going for.  The exciting part for me?  I actually thought of doing the moonrise without prompting.  Maybe my art class is doing more for my creativity than I thought!


No comments:

Post a Comment