Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Eagles

Several days ago, my sister sent me the webcam link for a bald eagle nest on the Berry College campus in Georgia.  I "tuned in" to see how good it is, and I was excited to see a beautiful, clear, and close picture of a mama and her newly-hatched chick.  (She still has an egg that might hatch, though it is looking less and less likely.)  This camera also has night vision, so the nest can be viewed at any time of day or night.

Today I got to see the mama feeding her little one.  We have seen her eat a catfish, a duck's head is very obvious in the nest, and there are pieces of meat spread all over.  She is not a natural housekeeper for sure - can you imagine the smell?  Maybe that is why the nests are so large - to hold all the leftovers.

I did take a screen shot of her feeding the baby today.  Enjoy the picture or go to this link to see it yourself - www.berry.edu/eaglecam/


No comments:

Post a Comment