Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How to Do a Face Plant

It was not pretty.  It was not graceful.  But it was funny.

Yes, oh yes.  The face plant.

Don and I were driving west of Dodge City on our way to Albuquerque.  Kenneth was on Don's speaker phone, which I was delicately holding in my right hand so Don could hear the conversation.  Babs was curled up next to me in the seat, in her "Alaska position."

I needed to get up for a minute and go to the back of the RV.  I stood up, which I have done hundreds of times.  This time, however, my foot got a little crooked. That caused me to sway.  Because the phone was in my hand, I could not catch myself as I normally would.  I could not sit down, for fear of squishing said Babs.  But I was not yet falling . . . Until a wind gust came up.

The wind was a cross wind that Don was having to fight, and although he is very good at keeping the RV on the road, sometimes the vehicle jerks . . .as it did this time. Oh no!  There was no hope.

I could see in slow motion what was going to happen.  Slowly I curled my body so that I could catch myself somewhat . . . as Don watched me go down.  He was hoping I would not grab his arm, as that could have caused the RV to swerve.  I slowly landed between the couch and the swivel chair, phone still intact, body unharmed (for the most part), pride swallowed.  Kenneth had no idea what happened, I got up, assured Don I was ok, and proceeded on my errand.

Just another exciting day in the RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment