Friday, March 7, 2014

The Benton Airport

Today, Don decided to give the Willie a little exercise.  We need to do that periodically to keep the batteries charged.  This time we decided to go have lunch at the Benton airport.

We have been there one other time, but we were about the only ones in the restaurant.  This time that was not the case.  The parking lot was full, or nearly so.  Don said it is a happening place.  And I guess it is.  I hadn't noticed how many hangars surround the runway, and quite a few planes were parked outside.  The server said that in good weather, the restaurant is very busy.

The first item I noticed when walking in was the Big Ass Fan.  It is the biggest fan I have ever seen.  I thought they were specially made for the airport, but Don said not.  He has specified them for several applications including the State Fair and several airplane factories.  It was set to barely move but because it is so big, it still moved a lot!

Don ordered the fish and chips, and I had 1/2 of a Reuben and onion rings.  Yum.  I have to say it was pretty good!

Then we turned around and came home.  Not a long trip, but enough to give the Willie an exercise and us a nice lunch together.

No comments:

Post a Comment