Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reconnecting

We knew we were going to be in Albuquerque, and when we are, I always try to set up lunch with Aunt Ruth.  Although she is over 90, she still delivers Meals-on-Wheels, works at the church, and volunteers at the hospital.  She is still a good driver, but she knows her limits and exercises them. She is quite a gal.

She mentioned to us several months ago that she had been talking with a friend who used to babysit for us.  She said the woman would like to see us, and since she was our favorite babysitter of all time, I jumped at the chance.  So on Tuesday we met for lunch.

It was so fun seeing her.  I know when she was staying with us, we thought she was so old . . . Turns out she was maybe 25! Ha!  I recognized her immediately, though I have not seen her for 50 years.  But she made a huge impression on us, and it shows.

One of the beauties of aging (yes, there are a few), is that reconnecting is fun.  Younger people are too busy to enjoy it, I think, but as the years wear on, it is nice to remember fun times.  I can say I thoroughly enjoyed reuniting with Pat and hope it is not the last time I see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment