Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Can I Be Old Enough?

I can't be old enough to have a 28-year-old son. But apparently I am, because he is . . . today. Time flies when you are having fun.

That day, Ash Wednesday, dawned a little like today. After several bad storms with much snow and cold, a warm spell came in. I suspected that I was going into labor, so after a trip to the doc to confirm, he told me to go for a nice long walk. It was a beautiful Wednesday . . . just like today. Finally about 5:00 we went back to the doc, he sent us to the hospital, and Kenneth was born at 9:40. My mom said he was nearly full-grown, since he was over 9 pounds big!

Those were great days . . . and they have remained that way. It has been a joy to watch him become the man he is!

Happy Birthday, Kenneth! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment