Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Poor Sepia!

Sepia is one of the sweetest dogs you could ever have. He loves sitting next to people, will roll over on his back for some cuddling, follows me everywhere I go, and loves to go with me in the car. I call him "The Leaper" because he jumps . . . even as a brand-new puppy he jumped. But he can surely be intimidated by female dogs (except his sister, Babs. She doesn't scare him.)
I began noticing it when Patty Sue would come visit. As he would go up the stairs, Patty Sue would jump around him, and he would just slink away. Then when Bella stayed with us during the summer, she would sit on the stairs, defying Sepster to go by her. So I began to protect him, making sure I was between him and Patty Sue or Bella while going up the stairs.

This morning, we were working out in the basement. Babs and Patty Sue were downstairs, but for some reason, Sepia had stayed upstairs. We began to hear some whining and crying. I went to the stairs only to find Sepster sitting on them - about half-way down, and Patty Sue was lying at the bottom of the stairs, looking at him. He wasn't about to go past her . . . so he sat there and whined until I came to rescue him. It was such a pitiful sight. Poor baby.

1 comment:

  1. he really is a little wienerdog. poor 'ittle bitty bugaboo.

    ReplyDelete