Tuesday, October 9, 2012

'Another Spider Blog

Spiders are not my favorite critter, but I am fascinated with their webs.  Over the past few years, I have taken pictures of webs and spiders and written about how much I hate walking into their webs.

Several weeks ago, Don and I looked out our sliding glass door to find that an orb spider had built his web in such a way that we couldn't use the door.  We could, of course, have pulled down his trap, but we preferred to watch what happened.  So we let Babs in and out the door, but we never graced the stair.  And we watched.

Invariably, by morning numerous bugs were caught in the spider's trap.  And as he ate the bugs, he got bigger and bigger.

One morning we were able to catch the sunlight just right to capture a picture of his by then huge web.



It got cold the other night, and now all we have is a remnant of his web.  He is curled up above it, hoping for warmth, I think.  We'll see if he returns, but if not, we feel lucky to have been privy to his fine art work!



1 comment: