Friday, October 19, 2012

Funny Stories from the Last Few Days

It has been a few days of visiting with people in meetings, lunches, or other venues.  I came across a few stories that I have loved and need to share them (so I will remember them!)

At a meeting a woman (a K-State fan) was telling about her granddaughter who had fallen and scraped her arm.  The scrape was bleeding and bleeding, and as it did so, the little girl cried harder and harder.  Her mom tried to clean her up, but the little girl was inconsolable.  Sobbing, she finally explained to her mother, "But Mommy, I am not bleeding purple like Grandma."

At lunch with Mrs. Garvey, I was told about her new puppy, a Chin.  I had never heard of a Chin before, but it apparently is a Japanese dog of royalty that becomes a lap dog.  This puppy, however, is a little too rambunctious to be a lap dog yet.  It leaps around, licking Mrs. G on the face, jumping up and down.  They named the dog Willard, and they call him Willie.  One of the grandchildren tried to convince Mrs. G to let the dog sleep with her.  Her response?  "I need to get to know him better before that happens."  Don't tell me you have to lose your sense of humor as you age!

Another friend of mine is painting her house.  She and her husband chose what they thought would be the perfect shade of green.  Unfortunately, the color wasn't exactly what they had thought, and it turned out to be a bright lime green.  We were all out front discussing her predicament, and different ones of us were more politic than others.  Don, however, wins the prize for political correctness. He hadn't heard the story of the colors and how the paint store agreed to fix the paint, so when asked what color he liked he responded, "Whatever color B. likes."

I hope you enjoy my stories!

2 comments:

  1. Great stories! Although I think the little girl in the first story may have been brainwashed by her Grandma, we'll have to look into that one. ;) I love the story of Mrs. Garvey! I hope to still have such a great sense of humor when I'm older.

    ReplyDelete