Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fast Food

We have long been warned of the dangers of eating too much fast food - especially hamburgers.  They cause people to gain weight . . . and I am certain hamburgers are addicting.

I have not eaten a hamburger from McDonald's in years . . . except for the occasional $.99 one purchased while driving through the McDonald's in Hugoton while on the way to the cabin.  Other than that, I haven't had one in forever . . .

For the last few months, I have been having trouble getting our little Babs to eat.  She has gotten very picky, and one day she will eat something, only to turn it away the next day.  She went through her rotisserie chicken stage, her ground up dog food stage, her cheese stage.  Those lasted less than a week.  But several weeks ago, she started eating hamburger.  I would buy a pound at the store, brown it, and serve it to her over a course of days.

Tiring of the "browning routine" I decided earlier this week to purchase a $1.29 hamburger from McDonald's.  I took it off the bun, cut it into pieces . . . gone.  She loved it.  It wasn't nearly enough.  So we began buying a double cheeseburger, plain, no bun.  YUM!  Gone so fast, I can't believe it.  Those two hamburgers have about 300 calories . . . today she ate two homemade burgers + two McDonald's burgers.

It is a relief to have Babs eating, but in the process of feeding her, I tasted the cheeseburgers.  Man, I had forgotten how tasty they are.  I am not yet tempted to order one for me, too, but I can surely see how easy it is to over-indulge.  In the meantime, we are hoping to "Supersize Babs" as she needs to gain weight.  Thanks, McDonald's.

No comments:

Post a Comment